Frankie & Chloe

Frankie & Chloe

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

TO CARRY OR NOT CARRY

So, I've been torn with all the "gun talk lately. I've grown up with guns and learned from a very young age how to use them properly and safely. I also live in a smaller town and less populated state, so I haven't personally had to deal with horrible killings or murders, but I watch a ton of news and am well educated in politics. Now that I'm older and have kids of my own, I carry. I'm a young woman that has to be on oxygen because of several autoimmune diseases, so it sets my husband and my own mind at ease when I'm out and about, in fact a friend of mine posted something on Facebook today. And I quote,"I stand behind you in line at the store with a smile on my face...and a gun under my shirt and you are none the wiser, yet you are safer for having me next to you. I won't shoot you. My gun won't pull it's own trigger. It is securely holstered with the trigger covered. It can't just go off. However, rest assured that if a lunatic walks into the grocery store and pulls out a rifle, I will draw my pistol and protect myself and my family and therefore protect you and your family. I may freeze up. I may piss my pants. I may get shot before I can pull the trigger...but, I won't die in a helpless blubbering heap on the floor begging for my life or my child's life. I won't be that victim. I choose not to be. As for you, I don't ask you to carry a gun. If you are not comfortable, then please don't. But I would like to keep my right to choose to not be a helpless victim. There is evil in the world and if evil has a gun, I want one too..." This is how i feel. I also heard something the other night on a news show. They were discussing what schools could do to be safer and one of the guys said they should take retired veterans that either need a job or could use a job and train them to guard our schools. Have one to two well trained men or women at each and every school across America. Not only would it protect our schools and children, but it would give more Americans jobs. I just thought that was brilliant. If people knew there were armed guards at each and every school, I guarantee the little creeps that want to go shoot little innocent children and teachers, would think twice. There will always be evil in our country, no matter how much we protect it, but if there's a way we can protect it better, that makes everyone feel better. I also want to take a second and ask God to help protect our children and families and to ask Him to help our leaders make the right decisions. Also Lord, please help our country and the divide we have right now and to please lead more to know you God and to find peace in times of suffering and pain. Thank you for everything you have given us, even though we don't deserve it. You are a gracious and loving God. Thank you so much! Amen Thank you everyone for listening to me. If you have any comments, please leave them, or any ideas/ topics for me next time. Im new at this, so please forgive me if I am not the greatest writer quite yet. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment